Monday, December 22, 2008

Week #17!

Since 17 is my favorite number, I figured it's a good time for a Silly Baby update!
Here's some quick tidbits on Silly Baby and mommy:

  • This week, Silly Baby is the size of an onion!
  • Mommy began wearing maternity jeans last week. Even though I do still fit in many of my regular clothes, it was an exciting "milestone" to wear the maternity pants
  • Mommy officially began showing last week! For several weeks, I had a little pouch that was only obvious to me, and not seen under my clothing. But last Wednesday I put on the maternity jeans and a fitted long-sleeve shirt and voila! Baby bump was there. While the general public still wouldn't view me as a pregnant lady, anyone who knows me should be able to see the difference
  • I have started to feel Silly Baby moving around. Not a "kick" or anything you can feel from the outside, but I do feel little "pops" that are different from the mild cramps of ligaments stretching or gas.

Some FAQ's

How am I feeling?

Now that I am into my second trimester I feel just fine! The fatigue has gone away along with any nauseau I did get in the mornings. I cannot complain about my experiences with "morning sickness". I only actually got sick a few times and it was short lived. Otherwise, I would usually feel nauseous after getting to work, but nothing some saltines couldn't fix!

Eating for two

Just in the past couple weeks I've noticed an increase in appetite. It's nothing drastic, but I definitely need snacks on hand at work and my 'Smart Ones' frozen diet dinners I've been having for lunch may need a snack on the side now :)

Cravings!

I have no weird cravings. Anything I have a taste for are foods I've always eaten. I have noticed that I really like chicken these days. Again, I always ate lots of chicken, but now I feel I could eat fried chicken, chicken strips, chicken wings pretty much every night!

Well, that's pretty much it for now! Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! My next update will probably be the first week of January after the next Doctor's appointment. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Miss Organizized said...

I read my family some of these stats!! Very Christmassy haha!! Like T said in the last post, I seriously can't believe this is the 17th week!!! WHA?!?!?

MyMuse said...

Chicken! That's funny because I craved grilled chicken salads with ranch dressing like CRAZY when I was preggers with Zach. I'm glad you are feeling well and I still want to see a picyure of that baby bump!!!

Monica O'Neill said...

Yup, chicken is really my only "craving" I can say I have. But we got a bunch of Omaha steaks/burgers for Christmas from Tim's family, so we'll be eating a whole lotta meat for awhile I'll probably get hooked on that!