Thursday, December 11, 2008

The 3rd Dr.'s Appointment

December 10
This was a very quick and painless appointment! Much different than the first two. This was my 16-week check-up, and it was basically a follow-up from the bloodwork from the previous appointment.
So, onto the results! There was a very very long list of results as I had a boatload of tests run. To sum up, everything came back good and healthy.
The risk of Down's Syndrome went from 1-600 from my very first visit's test to 1-700+ when combined with the ultrasound measurements and the second blood test from this past appointment. Everything else - blood pressure, glucose, protein, was good. I tested negative as a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis and several other diseases.
But one thing I am not immune to is the flu/mono. So if you, your spouse, your kids have flu-like symptoms - sorry, I can't be around you! So please warn me if you are ever feeling sick.
We got to hear Silly Baby's heartbeat again, and it was much stronger/louder than the last appointment. I had read that it sounds like horses galloping, but the first time I heard the heartbeat it just sounded like "whoosh whoosh whoosh." Whereas, this time I understand how people compare the sound to galloping horses!
I did one more blood test for a tetra test. It was just one vile of blood and Tim was there to hold my hand so there was no fainting :) I'll get the results at the next appointment on January 5th!
This next appointment will be a big one! There will be another ultrasound - so yes that means more Silly Baby sonogram pictures! They will be measuring the baby's measurements. I also believe this is the appointment when SOME parents find out the gender. WE will not be finding out - so don't even ask ;)

1 comment:

MyMuse said...

I can't believe how far along you are already; 4 more weeks and you'll be half way there! Glad to hear everything is all good. Did you get a flu shot??