Monday, April 6, 2009

WEEK #31: The Seventh Dr.'s Appointment

Friday, April 3
I had my seventh prenatal appointment last Friday. It was just a routine office visit, so nothing too exciting. My blood pressure is still normal, and my uterus is also measuring normal (the doctor just measures my belly from the outside with a tape measurer - no internal exams just yet!!!).
I got to hear Silly Baby's heartbeat once again. At the last appointment, Silly Baby was being - well - silly - and kept flopping around so it was hard for the doctor to catch the heartbeat! But this time Silly Baby was more calm and the heartbeat was picked up right away - and very strong!
My next appointment is Wednesday, April 22 - and it's a big one! It will be our fourth and final ultrasound! We haven't seen Silly Baby since week 20, so that's over three months! The ultrasound will certainly look different from the ones we've been looking at for the past several months. The doctor will measure the baby's growth and positioning, as well as amniotic fluid condition. So we may get a better idea if May 31 is still a true due date and to make sure Silly Baby is head down. The doctor will also take the Group B strep screening test.
Actually, this week (week 32) Silly Baby should be moving into the head down position. Which may have actually happened, because over the weekend I was feeling more movement way down below vs. the usual kicks and flutters in the center of my belly.
Following the doctor's appointment on April 22, I will begin weekly doctor's appointments until Silly Baby is here!

No comments: