Monday, April 13, 2009

Silly Baby Shower

April 4, 2009
Meyer's Restaurant
Milwaukee, WI

Hosted/Planned by:
"Grandma" Diane Simon
"Auntie" Lorie Simon
Katie Nelson

We had our first Baby Shower for Silly Baby last Saturday in Milwaukee. It was a lot of fun and a great success!
I would first like to thank the hosts for their awesome work planning and preparing for the Shower. It means so much to us to have such wonderful family and friend surrounding us during this time as we prepare to welcome our Silly Baby into the world!

Mom,
Thank you for hosting the shower. Meyer's was a great set-up, the food was delicious and the cake was just as adorable as it was yummy! The basket of goodies to stuff our diaper bag was a great idea and so helpful with all the items everyone brought!

Lorie,
Thank you for planning and creating the favors! (For those not there, Lorie made little vases with tulips with each guest's name on them!) The safari cookies are the best and the homemade chocolate-covered Monkey Oreos were such a cute touch to the shower!

Katie,
Thank you for lending your creative craftiness once again by creating the invitations! They were so unique and just plain awesome! The games (we played "Match the baby animal name to its parent name" and "Baby Gift Bingo") were so clever and fun for everyone to play!

We got some really great gifts for Silly Baby, including some of the BIG items: car seat, stroller and pack 'n play. Our new diaper bag will be well stuffed with all the Silly Baby necessities - rattles, teethers, wipes, etc. we received!
We also received a few handmade blankets (including one that is Packers on one side, Bears on the other!), swaddles, clothing and lots of toys and books!!!
The guests spoiled us with great gifts which will keep Silly Baby clean, entertained, safe, looking cute and soothed; the nursery organized and decorated; and Silly Mommy & Daddy sane and responsible!
Thank you to all my friends and family who came to the Shower and helped "shower" Silly Baby. It was great to see everyone again and we are so thankful for the wonderful gifts. We are planning to make a trip to Milwaukee sometime this summer so everyone can actually meet Silly Baby in person!

If you have any photos from the Shower, please send them my way monicaoneill@sbcglobal.net I'd love to include them in a scrapbook as well as post them on this blog!

1 comment:

Miss Organizized said...

You are so welcome!! It was seriously the LEAST I could do! Your mom and Lorie are awesome awesome planners as well...so many great touches!! I think my fave part were those freaking Oreos...mmmmmmmmm! Why can't I have one NOW?!?!

PS I am SO SORRY I'm such a dolt about the photos! I should've brought my camera in today because I have NOTHING to do! But I'm not going to be home until later tonight GAH! I'll bring my camera to work tomorrow...maybe I'll be slow again!