Thursday, July 30, 2009

Addison's 2-Month Doctor's Appointment


Thursday, July 30


Addison had her 2-month check-up today and all is well!


Weight: 11lbs

That is a weight gain of FOUR pounds since birth! That is incredible to me! But should come as no surprise since she is such a healthy and frequent eater!

She remains in the 50th-percentile for weight.

Much to our joy, over the past several weeks the weight gain has been evident as her once skinny legs now have nice big rolls, same with her arms..and of course her delightful double chin :) She's also got quite a round belly, but still not much in the caboose!


Height: 23"

That is 2 1/2" of growth since birth, an 1 1/2" since her last appt. This puts her in the 75th-percentile, where she was last time.

So this means she is tall and a little thin, which is just fine. Sadly, she is beginning to outgrow clothing. However, the onesies that are too small on her, it is more due to her length as the outfits aren't that tight through her body as much.


Head size: 15"

This puts her in the 40th-percentile, so she is gaining ground in that category!


Vaccinations

Today she received her first round of vaccinations. Thank you to everyone for your advice (Tina, Paula, Kathy, Lorie, Mom). A few minutes before she got the shots, I gave her a small dose of Tylenol.

The nurse first gave her an oral dose of Rotavirus, which will help her fight intestinal flu which causes vomitting and diarrhea over the course of a week. Most children get this before they are 2yrs old. This vaccine was optional.

Then Addison received 4 shots.

1 shot contained the Diphtheria, Tetanus & Pertussis vaccines in one leg. The other three shots were for Hepatitus B, HIB and Polio in her other leg.

Addison was surprised, I think, by the shot at first and let out a big scream. Similar to what she does at home when she is very upset, but louder and she was much more strained - her face even turned a little blue for a moment!! But the nurse gave her the shots very quickly so before I knew it she was done. I held Addison right away for a minute before putting her in the stroller, and she calmed down very quickly.

It is less than a 10-minute drive home from the doctor, and Addison was docile and slept most of the drive. As soon as we got home, I fed her to help soothe her, even though she no longer seemed upset.

She's perfectly normal the rest of the day. I haven't noticed fever symptoms or any fussiness or discomfort from her. She's a tough little lady!


Her next appointment will be for her 4-Month check-up at the end of September!




6 comments:

MyMuse said...

wow, i can't believe how big she is getting! If you think 4 pounds in 2 months is a lot, my kids both gained that much by 1 month! And now look at ethan, he is such a skinny kid but he was such a fat baby! It's amazing how quickly they grow and before you know it she'll be sitting up and crawling. Can't wait to babysit; is it still for the last weekend in August??

Monica O'Neill said...

Wow! and they both were born a lot bigger than Addison too!
I'm hoping she doesn't get too ginormous in the next 6wks cuz I want her to wear my baptismal gown for her christening...I was only 6wks old when I was baptised, but I was a fatty - like 12 lbs or something..so I'm hoping it'll still fit her!
And yes!!! Babysitting will be Saturday, August 29...the show is at 2pm...so we'll drop her off b/t noon-1pm..and then we can hang out that night when we get back!

MyMuse said...

Are you doing the baptism at St. Mary's? I'm assuming Katie is the godmother, but who is godfather? That would be so cool if she could wear you baptismal gown...I don't think my om saved anything from when i was a baby!!! Can't wait to see you guys :)

Miss Organizized said...

Omg looooove that photo!! Too adorable for words!! Well I don't know jack about how babies grow, but it sounds like things are all good! I'm glad she was tough for her shots!! I'm sure that'll get worse as time goes on and she grows up and knows what shots are :\ I was really good with shots later in life because I liked them?? I'm such a weirdo.

PS I laughed at Tina's godmother comment :) That's another crappy thing about being single. I can't be a godparent wah wahhh.

Monica O'Neill said...

No, the baptism is down here in Hoffman Estates. It's the church we did our marriage prep classes at. Just easier to do it down here.
My brother and Lorie are the Godparents. I am Nicolas' godmother and Lorie will be Addison's nanny once I go back to work - so they were the best choice!

Monica O'Neill said...

And Katie...being single has nothing to do with being a Godparent. I'm Nicolas' along with Zach and we were both single then!!
It's nice to have Godparents be a couple - but totally not necessary. My Godparents are my dad's brother and my mom's cousin!! the only requirement for Godparent is that they be at least 16yrs old and Catholic!
If it makes you feel better, you were in the running!!!