Friday, May 15, 2009

WEEK #37: The 11th Dr.'s Appointment

Friday, May 15
As of this past Sunday, May 10, Silly Baby was considered "full-term." So s/he could really be born any day now!
I had my weekly doctor's appointment this morning, so here's some details:

  • The results of the Group B Strep test came back negative, meaning I am not a carrier and therefore will not need antibiotics pumped through my IV while I'm in labor.
  • My uterus measures 38cm which is just right for this time in my pregnancy.
  • I am still dialated 1cm, maybe a tad more, but no significant progress since last week. I am slightly more effaced this week.
  • Silly Baby has not yet dropped. Typically the baby will drop 2 weeks before the delivery date, the doctor is not concerned that Silly Baby has not yet dropped, since I am 2 weeks, 2 days from the delivery date. But I'll be waiting for that to happen hopefully in the next week!
  • I will be induced on Monday, June 8 if Silly Baby is too shy to come out and meet us before then. So all you Silly Baby Pool-ers who guessed June 9 - 14, sorry! It is not to be...

No comments: