Saturday, May 2, 2009

Week #35: The 9th Dr.'s Appointment

Friday, May 1

I have begun the weekly doctor's appointments, so every Friday until Silly Baby is here - I'll be at the Doctor's office!
Not much to report from this appointment. Silly Baby's heartbeat was very strong once again, so that's always a good thing! They also took a swab for the Group B Strep test to determine if I am a carrier. If I am, it has no affect on me; however, I would need to have anti-biotics pumped through my IV during labor since it would affect Silly Baby as they descend through the birth canal. The Dr. said about 20-30% of women are carriers. I will find out next week!
I will begin having internal exams at next week's appointment to check if I've begun any prelabor progression.
Here's some FAQ's on how I'm doing:

  • Silly Baby has not dropped
  • I have felt some mild Braxton Hicks contractions sparingly
  • I am beginning to have some back pain, but nothing too bad
  • I have also begun feeling some pelvic pressure, again - nothing too bad at all
  • I have been "nesting" but not in the uncontrollable way I've read it can kick in
  • I don't have those feelings of "get this thing out of me", or sick of being pregnant
  • Overall, I am relatively comfortable in my pregnancy still and don't feel totally huge yet :)

2 comments:

Miss Organizized said...

I'm really glad this pregnancy has been pretty *easy on you!! Obviously, you have enough stress to deal with these days, no need to have to deal with a bunch of aches and pains too??? Hopefully it's also a good sign that the delivery will ok too! Obviously not painless haha! But as best as you can hope for!! And here's to hoping the rest of your pregnancy goes well too! :)

Monica O'Neill said...

An easy-going pregnancy is the thing in my life I am most thankful for. I am starting to feel some aches & pains kicking in. Changing positions in bed is becoming quite *labored and yesterday I woke up with really bad lower back pain, but then I sat upright on the couch and it went away?
I'm starting to wonder if the baby has dropped? It's hard to tell with my long torso! While I don't feel like I'm waddling, I definitely walk slower and my legs get tired real fast!