Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Silly Baby Gender Predictor Quiz!

One main reason I enjoy not finding out Silly Baby's gender ahead of time is playing the guessing games, and waiting in suspense to see if I'm right.
While I lean more towards feeling it is a girl, Tim doesn't have an inkling.
Apparantely, you readers are predicting a girl too, based on the poll on the left here.

SO since we did not find out Silly Baby's gender last month, I thought to tide everyone over - I'd take a gender predictor quiz. Largely based on Old Wives' Tales, I answered a series of questions. Some were difficult because it's hard to know what to answer. Like where I carry my weight, I'm built in the way that most of my weight is in my hips and if I crave meats & cheeses - as many of you know cheese is my favorite food! But since this is just for fun...
Here are the results!!

Congratulations!

You have a 39% chance of having a boy. And you have a 60% chance of having a girl.

And Here's Why...
  • You are carrying the extra weight around the hips and bottom, so it's a girl.
  • The hair on your legs is not growing any faster during your preganacy, so it's a girl.
  • Sleeping in a bed with your pillow to the south indicates that you will be having a girl.
  • Your feet are not colder than they were before pregnancy. You are having a girl.
  • You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread. You are having a girl.
  • Dad-to-be hasn't been gaining weight along with Mom-to-be, so it will be a girl.
  • The maternal grandmother doesn't have gray hair (dyed or natural), so a girl will be born.
  • Since the sum of the mother's age at conception and the number of the month of conception is an odd number, it will be a girl.
  • A needle on a thread held over you belly moves from side-to-side, so it will be a girl.
  • Your urine is a dull yellow color, so you will have a girl.
  • You are craving sweets, which means that it is a girl.
  • Your nose hasn't changed during pregnancy, which indicates a girl.
  • Your baby's heart rate is 140 or more beats per minute, so it's a girl.
  • Your belly looks like a watermelon, so it's a girl.

  • You have no desire for orange juice, so it's a boy.
  • You are having headaches, so it's a boy.
  • You show the back of your hand, so it's a boy.
  • You use the handle, so it's a boy.
  • Boys are carried low. You are going to have a boy.
  • You didn't have morning sickness early in pregnancy, so it will be a boy.
  • You are looking particularly good during pregnancy. Therefore, it must be a boy, because girls steal their mother's looks.
  • Your chest development has not been very dramatic during pregnancy. You should expect a boy.
  • You have been craving meats or cheeses, so it is a boy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some pretty random guidelines, but you never know!! Its fun to keep guessing

MyMuse said...

If I went by those predictors, I'd have 2 hermaphrodites! We'll see!!! (I still think it's a boy!)

Monica O'Neill said...

Oh, so you think it's a boy, Tina? Just b/c that's all you know of pregnancy or you want Zachary to have a buddy? Just think - if it's a girl, Zachary could have a girlfriend ;)

Miss Organizized said...

I use a handle...does that mean I'M having a boy?!?! BWAH! Kiddo!! Those are fun though...I still think it's a girl ;)

Monica O'Neill said...

Yea, these things are nuts! The handle thing is crazy! I haven't even drank a cup of coffee in almost 5mos so it was hard to remember if I picked up the mug by the handle or not!?
And I'd actually think picking it up by the handle would mean a girl since it's more "dainty" than grabbing the mug with your whole hand?

MyMuse said...

Why are you yelling at me!?!?!?! When are you going to put another belly pic up so we can see?? Do you have another appointment soon?

Monica O'Neill said...

How am I yelling at you, Tina? I'm confused!
I had another Doc appt on Friday afternoon. Just listened to the heartbeat, it was 140 (so that's right in between girl or boy, according to Old Wives' Tales). And they measured my uterus, which is 23"!!!!! WHOA!

MyMuse said...

Just kidding! I'm confused too!?!? I confuse myself a lot :) Anyways, glad to hear everything is going well. I hope you feel better after your stomach bug!