Thursday, June 18, 2009

3 Weeks Old!

Wow! Our Silly Baby is 3 weeks old. The time is flying!
We've been getting to know each other better and better - but there are still many inconsistencies that keep us on our toes. As soon as I feel we may be getting on a schedule - Addison will trick me and change stuff around!
According to our scale (I weigh myself, then myself holding Addison) - she weighs 9.2lbs, but that doesn't seem right...but we'll see. She'll be officially weighed late next week at her 1-month check-up!
She also seems to be having some gas/poopy issues the past couple days, she shows a lot of discomfort and has started crying when she's "performing" either of those "tasks." Again, we'll discuss with her doctor next week to see if there's any issues or anything we can do to help.
Over the weekend we began giving her a pacifier for the first time as another source of comfort for her and that seems to be helping at times. We will also be introducing The Bottle to her this week, since Mommy is going out on Friday night, leaving Daddy to be on feeding duty for the night! We are hoping it goes well since we have a few events over the summer in which we'll be using babysitters so we need Addison to be ok with taking a bottle!

On Saturday, Addison will have another photo shoot for her 1-Month pictures, courtesy of my best friend Katie! I will post them on the blog and email some out when we have chosen the best ones.

1 comment:

Grandma Simon said...

I am glad that I got to share Addison's 3 wk birthday and Mommy's 29th birthday with them yesterday. We had fun and hung out and watched drum corps just like old times...got to get Addison into the mode!! Don't think she weighs 9 lbs..but prob over 8..such a cutie!!! I miss her already!!! Grandma Simon